- Full-time programme
You should have a bachelor’s degree with at least second-class honours or a grade B from a recognised university.
Please also see our GMAT/GRE and language proficiency requirements.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a written test and an interview.
- Part-time programme
You should have a bachelor’s degree with at least second-class honours or a grade B from a recognised university, and preferably 2 years of post-qualification, full-time work experience.
Although GMAT/GRE scores are not required, they are highly encouraged. Please also see our language proficiency requirements.
Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview.
- Please apply directly to the MScFin programme via the Online Admission System.
- If your application is not selected in one round, we will reassess it in subsequent rounds until admissions close.
- If your application is successful, we will send you an offer letter via email. If you do not hear from us approximately 2 months after the last application deadline, you may consider your application unsuccessful. We do not accept email or telephone enquiries about admission results.
When to apply
31 July 2018 – 21 October 2018
22 October 2018 – 13 January 2019
Results are issued about 3 months after the end of each round.
31 July 2018 – 31 December 2018
1 January 2019 – 28 February 2019
1 March 2019 – 31 May 2019
Results are issued about 1 month after the end of each round.
You are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of HK$400, which can be paid by credit card through the Online Application System.
The tuition fees for the academic year 2019/2020 are:
- Full-time programme: HK$390,000
Tuition can be paid in 3 instalments:
- HK$130,000 (deposit) within 2 weeks of confirming your offer
- HK$130,000 at the beginning of the 2nd trimester
- HK$130,000 at the beginning of the 3rd trimester
- Part-time programme: HK$300,000
- HK$60,000 (deposit) within 2 weeks of confirming your offer
- HK$240,000 over 2 years according to the number of credits you take per trimester
We award scholarships to recognise academic excellence.
Our decisions with respect to awarding scholarships are final and no appeal or further discussion will be entered into with any person.
- Admission scholarships
Students with outstanding entrance qualifications may be awarded up to half the tuition amount. All new students are eligible and are automatically considered for the scholarship, no separate application is necessary.
- Distinguished Academic Performance Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to the top 3 full-time students who have completed their studies within the normative period of study, i.e. 1 year, and who have achieved a final cumulative GPA of 3.60 or more for the academic year.
- 1st Class Scholarship: 50% of the total tuition fee
- 2nd and 3rd Class Scholarships: 25% of the total tuition fee
- Distinguished Academic Performance Scholarship for New Students
All new students of the part-time programme are eligible for this scholarship if they have taken a minimum of 15 credits in the first academic year immediately following their admission, and have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.60 by the end of the first year.
- 1st Scholarship: HK$25,000
- 2nd Scholarship: HK$15,000
- 3rd Scholarship: HK$10,000
- Distinguished Academic Performance Scholarship for Part-time Graduates
All final year students of the part-time programme are eligible for this scholarship if they have completed their studies within the maximum period of study and have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.60 by the end of the academic year.
- 1st Scholarship: HK$50,000
- 2nd Scholarship: HK$30,000
- 3rd Scholarship: HK$20,000
Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
Tuition fees for the MSc in Finance Programme (both full-time and part-time) are reimbursable for CEF purposes. If you are eligible, you may be reimbursed up to HK$10,000 once you successfully complete the programme.
- Information for Course of Study
Name of Institution: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
CEF Institution Code: 002
CEF Course Title: Master of Science Programme in Finance
CEF Course Code: 23M021948
Loans for non-local students
Prodigy Finance offers postgraduate loans for students studying abroad. The loans can cover only tuition and are not available to citizens and permanent residents of Hong Kong.
For more information, please refer to the Prodigy Finance website.
Government’s Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS)
Successful applicants who have right of abode in Hong Kong or have lived in Hong Kong continuously for three complete years immediately prior to the start of their year of study may apply for the ENLS. The scheme offers loans up to the full programme fee amount.
For further details, please refer to the Government Student Finance Office website or call the 24-hour hotline on +852 2802 2345 / 2150 6223.
How to apply
Check out our latest brochure now to learn more about the programmes!