You should have a bachelor’s degree with at least second-class honours or a grade B from a recognised university.
Please also see our GMAT/GRE and language proficiency requirements.
- We start assessing your application when we receive the hard copies of your supporting documents.
- If your application is not selected in one round, we will reassess it in the next round until admissions close.
- Results are usually issued about a month after the deadline of each round. If you are successful, you will receive an offer letter by the June before the programme begins at the latest.
When to apply
Round 1: 22 October 2018
Round 2: 26 November 2018
Round 3: 28 December 2018
Round 4: 11 February 2019
Round 5: 20 March 2019
Round 6: 23 April 2019
The tuition fees for the academic year 2019/2020 are HK$210,000 (provisional).
You can pay in instalments, as follows:
- HK$70,000 (retention fees) within 2 weeks of confirming your offer
- HK$70,000 at the beginning of the 2nd trimester
- HK$70,000 at the beginning of the 3rd trimester
Admission scholarships of up to 30% of the tuition fee will be awarded to up to 10 students in each academic year on the basis of academic merits and with consideration of non-academic achievements. All applicants who fulfill the following criteria will be considered.
- Students who obtained/ are expected to obtain before admitting to CUHK their undergraduate degree of excellent standing from “985” universities in the Mainland China, The Association of American Universities in the USA, Russel Group universities in the UK, Group of Fifteen universities in Canada, Group of Eight universities in the Australia and any universities in Asia (excluding the Mainland China).
- Students who achieve a GMAT score of 730 or above.
Special Admission Scholarships for International Students
All international students applying for the Programme via the online application platform are eligible for the scholarships. The Programme Office will identify qualified students during the recruitment exercise. Selected students will be informed when the Admission Notification is issued by the Graduate School.
No separate application for this scholarship is necessary. If you are selected, we will inform you in your offer letter.
Loans for non-local students
Prodigy Finance offers postgraduate loans for students studying abroad. The loans can cover only tuition and are not available to citizens and permanent residents of Hong Kong.
For more information, please refer to the Prodigy Finance website.
Loans for local students
Local students may be eligible for a loan from the Extended Non-means tested Loan Scheme (ENLS). For more information, please see the ENLS website.