Gain an internationally accredited qualification
The CUHK School of Accountancy has gained a reputation for outstanding academic achievements, built by a world-class faculty and an excellent curriculum. This internationally accredited programme provides the knowledge and skills needed to succeed as a professional accountant or financial executive in Asia and beyond.
- The first accounting school in Asia to be accredited by both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) and the Federation of Schools of Accountancy.
- Ranked 21st among all accounting and finance schools in the QS World University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 5th in the Brigham Young University Accounting Research Citation Ranking 2017
Personalised career support
We offer personal advice, guidance and support throughout the job-finding process, and go the extra mile to help you realise your potential and give your career a head start. You will even continue to receive career support after you graduate.
You will be trained in CV writing, interview preparation and business etiquette through a series of workshops.
We invite accounting, finance and HR professionals to serve as career advisors for our students. You can benefit from their rich experience through one-to-one career coaching sessions, helping you plan your career roadmap.
Where our graduates work
We leverage our extensive connections in the industry and powerful alumni network to enhance the career opportunities available to our graduates. As a PDPA student, you will graduate with a high proficiency in both practical and theoretical accounting, ready for a range of promising career options.
Some of our graduates continue in the accounting industry, developing expertise in auditing, taxation, forensic accounting and consulting. Others choose to work in finance, banking and related areas, becoming management trainees, financial analysts, risk-management consultants and investment analysts in private funds, investment banks and consulting firms.
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
This is an accredited conversion programme of the HKICPA. Once you complete the FBP courses, you will be eligible to enrol as a student member of HKICPA’s Qualification Programme.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The ACCA grants the following exemptions to PDPA students:
- F1 Accounting in Business
- F2 Management Accounting
- F3 Financial Accounting
- F4 Corporate and Business Law
- F5 Performance Management
- F6 Taxation
- F7 Financial Reporting
- F8 Audit and Assurance
- F9 Financial Management
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Once you have graduated, you may take the Master’s gateway route to the CIMA Professional Qualification.
If you pass the CIMA Gateway Exam, you will be granted 11 exemptions that include subjects from the certificate, operational and management level exams, allowing you to progress straight to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification.
- CPA Australia
By completing the core courses and relevant foundation courses*, MAcc graduates will be exempted for the following foundation papers and entry into the professional CPA programme.
• Economics and Markets
• Foundations of Accounting
• Fundamentals of Business Law
• Business Finance
• Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Management Accounting
*Economics, Computed Based Information Systems, Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions
Check out our latest brochure now to learn more about the programme!